We’re looking for an experienced and dynamic Business Development Manager to help us meet our growth targets by managing sales opportunities and bringing new clients and projects into Hart Square.
This is a targeted sales role and you will carry a personal target and be responsible for managing your own sales opportunities and pipeline. You will meet with prospective and existing clients to assess their project services needs and provide a sales proposal to them and follow that through to closing the sale.
Many opportunities require the ability to present and influence at Board-level, and experience at this level is a must.
This role enjoys a high degree of autonomy while working in a closely collaborative team.
Reporting into our Sales Director and working closely with our Marketing department, you will be part of our small, but growing team, who are dedicated to making a difference in the non-profit sector.
It’s an exciting time for our rapidly growing company, as we continue to expand our services portfolio.
The key elements of the role include:
Working closely with our Sales Director, you will be responsible for managing the full range of the Business Development cycle, from inception to completion.
Typically, you will be doing 4 to 5 sales/account management meetings per week.
- Identify and nurture potential client organisations
- Manage and meet sales targets
- Manage opportunities to close sales
- Meeting prospective clients to represent Hart Square, assess their needs, provide a proposal and follow-through to closure
- Timely creation of proposals to a high standard, showing you understand the client’s requirements, risks and challenges
- Tracking of leads and opportunities in the CRM
- Providing a regular report of sales opportunities
- Present at prospect board meetings
- The majority of our sales opportunities are competitive, and this will require the person to respond to a tendering process
Campaigns and Events
- Input into the creation and delivery of marketing campaigns and prospect events for the creation of new leads
- Contribute to marketing campaigns and events for lead generation
- Create relevant content and present that at our educational seminars and events
- Follow up all leads from events and campaigns to secure sales
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with customers after the sale
- Manage selected accounts
- Ability to up-sell and cross-sell future services into existing accounts through building and maintaining relationships
- You can present yourself as a thought leader, authoritative
- You can put yourself in our clients’ shoes and demonstrate that you can provide advice and guidance
- You will be an experienced Business Development Manager from a technology, consultancy or project management background
- You are thorough and meticulous, you have attention to detail, with a disciplined approach to developing, tracking and following up opportunities
- You will have strong interpersonal and influencing skills and experience of selling to Board members
- You are a highly collaborative individual with a can-do approach
- Proven track record of B2B selling within the technology or non-profit sector, with achievement of a personal target and closing deals
- Experience of managing multiple concurrent sales opportunities with different timeframes
- Proven track record in a targeted sales role is essential
- A background in consulting or project delivery for CRM or website projects would be an advantage
- Has ideally worked in the non-profit sector
- Experience of presenting to Boards and senior management teams is essential
- Has a “consultative” approach to selling professional services.
- Able to influence decision making groups and senior stakeholders.
- Excellent written, presenting and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence decision making groups and senior stakeholders.
- Strong management ability (i.e., action and results-oriented with tenacious follow-through and close attention to detail)
- Good decision-making, time management, and organisation skills
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Familiarity with using, maintaining and growing sales-tracking CRM systems.
- Can be creative in finding and recommending solutions to our clients
If this sounds like you, get in touch
If you’d like to be part of our rapidly growing company, then send us your CV along with a short outline (no more than 300 words) telling us why you think you’re right for the job to email@example.com